Dr. Muzaffar Ahmad
Member, National Disaster Management Authority of India
Medical Preparedness & Mass Casualty Management, Chemical Industrial Disasters, Earthquake, Tsunami
Public Health Medical expert with more than 28 years of experience and having worked in various positions in J & K Govt. besides working as DHS for more than 12 years. He has vast experience of having professionally worked in the Management of Disasters in the State of J & K for more than 20 years. Providing medical care facilities during the disasters of Floods, Earthquake (Uri and Tanghdar), manmade strife (during blasts / grenade attacks) snow Tsunami / avalanches, terrorist attack during the yatra of Shri Amarnathji and during Kargil war & shelling in border areas of Gurez; Tangdar Uri Kargil and other border areas, Fire accident in Army ammunition depot Khandroo, Planning monitoring and supervision of National Programmes of Health and control of outbreaks and Epidemics. He is fellow of International Medical Sciences Academy and fellow of National Academy of Medical Sciences India. WHO fellow Sir Ronald Reagan Institute of Emergency Medicine, Georage Washington University USA.
Member of Professional Scientific Bodies and Associations.
Formerly Senior Consultant / Advisor Disaster Management (WHO) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India
Formerly Consultant, Ministry of Women and Child Development for ICDS and also worked on National Board of Examination, Govt. of India.
Participated in large number of conferences and published more than 6 books, besides 78 publications in reputed National and International journals, presented papers in Scientific National / International Conferences.
He has been awarded medals for distinguished services and is recipient of:
1. Dr. MID Sharma Award for contribution in Public Health during disaster by India Association of Epidemiologists.
2. Sriram Award for best publication by National Academy of Medical Sciences.
3. Dr. R V Rajan Oration Award 2010 by National Academy of Medical Sciences.
4. Award for outstanding Service for humanity in Earth Quake 2005 by Indian Institute of Public Administration.
5. Medals/Certificates of Appreciation for contribution in health care in Rural Areas of Kashmir & Ladakh
6. Dr. B C Roy National Award by President of India 1st July 08.